Orange Knowledge Programme
The Orange Knowledge Programme merges the Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) and NICHE into a single integrated approach.
The Orange Knowledge Programme aims to advance the development of the capacity, knowledge and quality of both individuals as well as organisations both in the field of Technical and Vocational Education and Training and Higher Education and in other fields related to the priority themes in the OKP partner countries.
A OKP scholarship is intended to supplement the salary that you should continue to receive during the study period in the Netherlands. The allowance is a contribution towards your costs of living such as tuition fees, visa, travel, insurance etc. If applicable, the scholarship holder is expected to cover the difference between the actual costs and the OKP scholarship amount. The scholarships are awarded in a very competitive selection to highly motivated professionals who are in a position to introduce the newly-acquired skills and knowledge into their employing organisation.
You must meet a number of criteria that support the aim of the OKP to be eligible for a scholarship.
- One must be a professional and a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the OKP Country list valid at the time of application;
- One must have a current employer’s statement that complies with the formal Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the formal must be endorsed in the statement;
- One must not be employed by an organisation which can be expected to have their own funds for staff development, e.g.: a multinational corporation; a large national and/or a large commercial organisation; a bilateral donor organisation; a multilateral donor organisation; an international NGO;
- One must have a current employer’s statement which complies with the Nuffic format. All information must be provided and all commitments, which are included in the Nuffic format, must be endorsed in the statement;
- One must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable);
- One must have an official passport valid at least three months after the submission date of the registration form by the candidate.
How to apply?
Before you apply, make sure you review the eligibility criteria carefully and check whether your employer is willing to nominate you for the scholarship. When you are certain that you are eligible for a OKP scholarship, you can start making the necessary preparations for your application. Follow these steps to apply:
1. If you want to apply for a OKP scholarship for a short course or Master’s in the Netherlands. Within Driestar Christian University, for Teacher Education the following courses are available for OKP:
2. Contact our institution for information on: course content, the application deadline, the application and selection procedures, the online application form and the supporting documents.
3. Prepare your application and the supporting documents (with your online application, you will be asked to upload a valid passport copy, a current statement from your employer, and depending on your country of employment; a government statement).
4. Submit your online application. For any questions on the application- and selection procedures please contact us.
Selection procedure: If your application meets all the course admission requirements and the OKP eligibility criteria, you can be nominated by the our institution for a scholarship.
If your application is nominated by our institution; the steps are as follows:
- The Dutch institution will submit a grant request to Nuffic requesting funding for eligible applications.
- The Netherlands Embassy will check the applications on their eligibility, and will assess the applications based on the eligibility criteria and the Embassy country focus areas.
- Only eligible applications will be taken in to further consideration. Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be rejected.
- The selection will be determined by the available deadline budget, the number of applicants and the quality and suitability of the applications.
- The scholarships are awarded in a competitive selection to highly motivated professionals who are in a position to introduce the newly-acquired skills and knowledge into their employing organization.
- Candidates whom have been nominated will be informed of the outcome of the selection by the Dutch institution.