Read and learn more about INCE. The international programme who inspires, challenge en open doors for young people and educational networks.
In 2014 the organizations Woord en Daad and Driestar Christian University for Teacher Training shared their ambitions to start a global network for education. The organizations wanted to create a network that would consist of at least 10 countries. Partners in these countries would mutually work together on the quality of Christian education both globally and nationwide.
The International Network for Christian Education wants to:
- Inspire as many young people as possible with Christian values to develop themselves and to take responsibility.
- Challenge educational networks, governments and companies to be relevant and hopeful for young people through Christian educational values.
- Open doors for young people to let them participate in the society as accountable citizens in a globalizing context whatever their race, religion, class or skin color is.
INCE Aims and areas
The aim of INCE is to structurally improve the quality of Christian Education benefitting children and young people by sharing the knowledge, experience and identity of Driestar University and Woord en Daad and other network members within this network through the establishment of:
- Christian education and teacher training institutes (primary and secondary education).
- School advisory service and leadership consultancy.
- Policy influencing on different topics related to quality of education.
- Quality and accreditation systems.
Whole sector approach
Evaluations of the education programs tell us that individual training of teachers contributes insufficiently to the improvement of the quality of education in developing countries. That’s why we focus on the bottom up-improvement of education. We would like to do this by establishing qualified teacher training institutes. They should not function in isolation but in connection with the entire education sector.
Therefore, a more integrated approach is needed to reach the desired and sustainable goals. It should connect teacher training with educational support services and policy influencing activities.
INCE Office develops educational products on the four areas of the network. The products
we deliver are semi-finished and
by the partners or other customers. By following this strategy we aim at: ownership, more effective and cost efficient products.
Examples of products:
Edu4Change series (Parents as partners, The art of teaching, How to understand and support children in need of help and Educational leadership), Instruments for characterizing Christian education practices and trainings for Policy influencing.
You can find more information on the website INCE
or send an Email